Need some music inspiration now the weather is cooling down and Cabin Fever has set in a little early? Well we’ve spoken to a bunch of South West legends who get involved with Cabin Fever each year to tell us their ultimate Cabin Fever playlists to help you find your groove this winter.
We asked, “What are your top 5 songs, artists or albums for your ultimate Cabin Fever playlist?”
Dylan Arvidson, Owner/Winemaker LS Merchants and Winemaker @ Cape Grace
- Dr Dre – The Chronic (album)
- Gorgon City – Elizabeth Street
- Stanton Warriors – Still here (Fred V & Grafix remix)
- DJ Marky – LK
- Camp Lo – Uptown Saturday Night (album)
Katrina Lombardo, Manager – Margaret River Farmers Market
- I wish – Stevie Wonder
- Passenger – Iggy Pop
- Blue Monday – New Order
- Come Down – Anderson Paak
- Do you Realise – The Flaming Lips
AM – I have two different modes of what I listen to, morning I love listening to chilled acoustic singer songwriter. So I thought of winter mornings in Margs waking up and driving down the hill to check the waves.
- Lindsay / Asha Jeffries – Rituals. Lindsay, also known as Lanks, is a friend of mine from John butlers seed fund.. this song has been played pretty much every morning since first released. It’s so sweet and reminds me of cool winter mornings rugged up, looking out the window.
- Jack Davies – Vegemite Sandwich. Jack Davies is a Freo local. I think he’ll be a big name, he’s just an old – world song writer and I think this is one of the most endearing songs. Again constant repeat for me.
PM songs were chosen imaging lounging up to a fire with friends or enjoying a wine / dinner and a little dance around the kitchen.
- Lou Douillon – Where to Start. An icon. Saw her live at the start of the year and it changed my life. Effortlessly cool and perfect with a red.
- Bonnie Raitt – Angel from Montgomery. Originally written by John Prine. I want to jump into the film clip and have her band. She’s effortless and understated and this song is just perfection.
- Motel – Total Control. My go to kitchen bop song while cooking dinner. We used this track as reference for my second single out in July. Put the candles on. Enjoy the sax solo.
Aaron Carr, Head Chef & Co-Owner –Yarri
- Boys Don’t Cry – The Cure
- Thank You - Busta Rhymes
- Let Me Down Easy – Gang of Youths
- Jungle – Tash Sultana
- Breakdown – Tom Petty
- Descendents – Milo goes to college (easily the greatest album of all time by anyone.)
- Dead Kennedys – Frankenchrist
- Exodus – The atrocity exhibition – Exhibit A
- Minor threat – Minor threat
- Metallica – Kill em all (To be clear, this is an incredible album, though I don’t care too much for Metallica after 1988… actually I don’t care for them at all after 1988)
Nic Peterkin, Winemaker and Owner, LAS Vino
- Nicolas Jaar
- Andrew Bird
- NTS Radio
- Hot Dub Time Machine decade mixes
Jacinta Rets – Beerfarm
- Freight Train by Lightnin’ Jack – Because LJ is our favourite live, local blues act and a regular at the farm (for playing gigs, and drinking our beers) and is a good mate of our Beer Farmer Josh Thomas. We love blues and this song has become pretty iconic around the farm.
- Slinky Begonia by Bambuseae Rhythm Section – Because you can’t not dance listening to this song! These guys are extremely funky and know how to get any party started. Also another local act that has played at Beerfarm a bunch of times.
- Oceans by Peter Bibby – Because he’s a genuine soul with raw, honest lyrics and an all-around top bloke! We love him, and he loves our beers.
- Country Road by Toots & The Maytals – This one is reminiscent of a beautiful, sunny day at the farm before iso, when summer was in full swing. It’s also quite relevant because you pretty much need to travel down a country road to get to our venue.
Want to listen to all of these epic tunes and more? Check out the Ultimate Cabin Fever Playlist…